Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A Tribute to my beloved God Brother....

John Lee, 李添盛 a guy who have a blessed name in Chinese which means “Added Prosperity”. What a 'Si Beh Li Hai" name!!!!
How do we get to know each other? It’s an interesting story to share. Both of us come from different school. John came from St. Joe, which is a Boys School, and I came from a co-ed school. It’s because of MUSIC. Well, I guess all the musicians speak the same language. We meet in SONS in 1990s. John was a saxophonist, playing alto sax. I was a percussionist, playing timpani at that time. We were sitting at the left end corner at the back.

Still remember our orchestra trip to Sibu. What had we done? I believe that the token of appreciation we got from SONS means a lot to us. It enable us to dine a meal in KFC during our good old days. Thought about KFC, hahaha….. John, you better go and find the umbrella and return it to the owner!!!

We had not been seeing each other while we were at Uni. I graduated and came back to Kuching. Surprisingly in Year 2003, I meet John’s classmate, he told me something about John. “Hey…. John is earning BIG MONEY now in UTM. He is now afforded to fly back from Johor Bahru (JB) to Kuching every week, earning 5-figure income.” I was wondering what John is doing…….

Out of the blue moon, Da Lao Ban, John Lee called me up. It’s a surprise for me. I wonder how he managed to dig my mobile number out. John, did you hire any secret agents? Investigator? I just don’t believe that John is now a Business man. The Entrepreneur John Lee you see today is the DOUBLE JOHN LEE you know in your school days. Not bad leh …. Beside changing your status, you had changed your physical outlook too…. :P keke (am I sounded too sarcastic?)

John, you’re one of a very rare, precious and priceless pearl found in the deep oceans. I like your descriptions of yourself because it’s true that a pearl of precious, priceless worth and value is only found once in a lifetime. If you never search, never come to know this pearl...you never know the value of this pearl. That's exactly what you are!! A male friend and also a confidant to me, whom I enjoy talking, gossiping, hanging around with. A person who always filled up my emotional tank.

Brother, you are an angel sent from Heaven above, true to yourself and I’m truly thankful our paths crossed many moons ago and we still keep this special friendship over the years.

Am Glad that I had a God Brother like you :p

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis,

:) :) :)